Sunday 28 August 2011

Sticky Pasta




This pasta, I think, is amazing. It's so simple to make and really really tasty. It's pretty salty though and one of the very, very few times I use a sauce from a packet.

If I had time, I would make hoi sin sauce myself, but i love this as a quick and tasty dinner for a treat.


Ingredients:

  • Hoi sin sauce - 2 packets of ready made sauce is perfect for 4 people.
  • 300g Penne pasta
  • 1 Red pepper, sliced
  • 75g Chestnut mushrooms, sliced
  • 2-4 spring onions, sliced
  • Optional chicken or prawns, as much or as little as you like. I love left over roast chicken for this.

Method:

  • Put the pasta on to boil and prepare the veg
  • Stir fry the veg ( and meat or prawns if using) on a high heat then add the hoi sin sauce and simmer on a very low heat while you drain the pasta.
  • Add the drained pasta to the veg & sauce and toss to coat well.
  • Serve in bowls immediatley

No comments:

Post a Comment